Saturday, April 23, 2011

dear blog, 
time to stop neglecting you! I am keeping a small personal journal, but otherwise, this is the best way to remember small details about my travels!



a good friend and I decided to go to Holland for one weekend, it was hectic and beautiful! The dutch language was difficult for me- after feeling relatively comfortable with the french language, it was a definite culture shock
all the street signs were Prinsengraat and Concertgebouw
But besides the names, most everyone could respond in english, so it was perfect!
all the canals winding everywhere and there were canoes, motor boats, tour boats... we even saw a guy on a surfboard (:
the food was good, there were tons of places they don't have in Paris (and food was more affordable as usual)
It was another country that had so much to see, never enough time!!
We got a tour of the Heineken brewery and got to see the big Van Gogh museum (:
I loved the town and the energy, even though the red light district was a scary tourist trap!
I have more trips to catch up on! talk to you soon
love, lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment